Let’s start with what is Workplace from Facebook? It’s good old Facebook with a familiar interface – one thing differs from its bigger brother – you can sit on it with a clear conscience while working. Instead of scrolling through a boring wall, you browse the list of tasks and instead of friends you haven’t seen since high school – you have a list of your colleagues. It is not only nice but also useful. All the classic Facebook functions that we know are in one place.
- Live video – a live video, in a known vertical format – it can be a message with congratulations or good information from the CEO, introduction of a new employee, tutorial from the IT department on how to use new software, brainstorming – a video conference for heads of departments under which they comment and ask team members questions.
- Specialized groups – With this facility, employer branding will do itself – each employee can create their own group – thanks to this, basketball fans will associate and arrange a gym, and ordering dietary food for work will jointly place an order. The groups will help project managers to review the status of projects and, in the case of larger projects, to invite people or teams from outside the organization to work groups. And all this, under the watchful eye of the board members.
- Events – Check in here for training sessions, internal and external company meetings, integration events etc.
To log in to Workplace from Facebook, the employee does not need to have a private Facebook profile. They can easily log in to the account using their work e-mail address. So what is private remains in the classic social media, and what is professional – on the Workplace platform. At this point, it must be stated for which type of organization Mark Zuckerberg’s company created this new tool. Most often they are large enterprises employing a large number of employees (in the order of thousands or tens of thousands), which have very complex structures, many branches and subsidiaries, and often operate in many markets around the world.
In addition, administrators on the company’s side can view statistics, chats, automatic translations and have the ability to implement integration with external tools or data sources. All this to make our work more fun and efficient, and the corporation to make measurable savings through the optimal allocation of working time.
There is one more functionality of Workplace that we would like to particularly focus on – bots. There are chatbots that are on groups and group bots that can post and send notifications to groups.
When we talk about bots inside an organization, we mean the automation of communication and repetitive processes taking place inside it. Imagine a person who has all the knowledge and knows all the procedures of the organization, e.g. operations or director of personal. Could it be a well-programmed chatbot in the most repetitive and time-consuming activities? Yes of course! Chatbots are successfully used to support tasks such as:
- Onboarding new employees,
- Informing about trainings and the most important meetings,
- Answering the most common questions and problems,
- Providing the most important documents and sharing the company’s know-how,
- Reminding about deadlines and deadlines,
- Consulting employees on the most important corporate matters and collecting feedback,
- Conducting research and sending surveys,
- Communication with IT structures and basic helpdesk.
It should be remembered that the automation of communication processes within the organization is a dynamic process that is subject to constant changes, is constantly evolving and cannot be limited to a one-time implementation / deployment.
What will be the effect of introducing changes?
- The number of meetings will decrease – it will turn out very quickly that the meeting is not always necessary. Automation will effectively reduce their number.
- The percentage of emails exchanged within the company will drop – thanks to properly selected communication through comments, likes, events and groups, all with the support of a chatbot.
- The famous Facebook algorithms will also work – Workplace monitors the time and direction of interactions and will suggest who to talk to or who to follow.
Is there any compelling reason why the repetitive activities or tasks that fill up only unnecessarily the internal CRM box should be physically performed by the employee, since it will be easily relieved by a well-programmed machine? At Finderstand, we specialize in the automation of business processes (BPA) in various organizations, creating tailor-made solutions that will satisfy even the most demanding customers. Our proprietary technology solutions based on natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning (ML) are fully integrated with the requirements of the Workplace from Facebook interface (API) and with other applications and data sources that your company uses. Most importantly, after a successful implementation, you won’t have to edit a single line of code – our team of experienced programmers and application architects will take care of everything. You, on the other hand, will focus on the optimization of repetitive processes and administrative services. We always focus on excellent service and building a positive experience for our customers!