Audit of existing communication on the Internet
A thorough audit and analysis of the existing communication with customers is the basis before the proper start of the preparation of the right offer. Thanks to it, we get to know the language used by the recipients. The most important thing is to get to know the style of expression and better understand your clients, portal users, fan page and mobile application. This stage allows you to create chatbot message scenarios that will greatly facilitate the design of a tailor-made conversation with customers.
Who should be involved in the preparation of the request on the part of the ordering party
It is commonly believed that the most important entity involved in the preparation of the inquiry is the company’s management. Nothing could be more wrong. Of course, the management board will accept the final content of the inquiry, but other departments will directly create the appropriate functional requirements and use the benefits of the chatbot. After all, customer service departments (CSO), marketing, sales or innovation department will be able to precisely define the exact areas that will be automated by the chatbot implementation.
What should be the main results of the chatbot implementation in the company
The first thing that comes to mind is cost reduction. Traditional customer service, advanced helplines, extensive regional structures with a large staffing are one of the basic cost-generating factors in every enterprise. The main task of the chatbot is to reduce the vast majority of repetitive processes in all of the above areas. What’s more, the uniqueness of the implemented solution gives potentially many more benefits, including:
- Standardization of the communication process and setting its rigid operational framework,
- Limiting the role of the fallible human factor,
- Work practically without interruption in a 24/7 mode,
- The use of modern, scalable and low-maintenance IT infrastructure, with particular emphasis on cloud solutions and ready-made frameworks or design patterns,
- Flexible configuration of the implemented solution,
- Intuitive interface for most users,
- Integration with external ERP, CRM or marketing automation systems,
- Full control over the entire automation process.
What goals should a chatbot meet in the company and when should it be implemented?
In the first place, a chatbot will reduce the most repetitive business processes, especially in complex customer service departments and sales departments, e.g. numerous helpdesk tickets. It can also be helpful in recruitment activities, especially in the first stages, where first of all data about candidates is collected and applications are collected and in the onboarding of new employees.
Chatbot can also contribute to increasing sales in the e-commerce channel, especially in the case of mass consumer products such as telephones, electronics, small household appliances.
The implementation of the chatbot also has a positive effect on the company’s image. It emphasizes the modern nature of the company, which does not shy away from implementing the latest achievements in the field of IT and business process automation (BPA).
On the other hand, for an ordinary Kowalski, the most obvious manifestation of a chatbot’s activity is a quick solution to his problem.
Chatbot target audience
It can be generalized that the chatbot target group will roughly coincide with the current target group of the company. However, it should be borne in mind that the chatbot, which will be implemented especially in social media, will most likely be aimed at the younger generation of recipients, the so-called digital natives, i.e. people who do not know the world without modern technologies and devices such as laptops, smartphones or smartwatches.
The client should also specify exemplary, most frequently appearing personas, symbolizing the most frequently served company stakeholders, e.g. students, mothers or young entrepreneurs from large urban centers. Preparing the right people will allow you to develop precise scenarios and conversation paths for the chatbot.
What processes and which elements of communication should the chatbot automate
Chatbot is usually implemented to automate and simplify business and communication processes, such as:
- Automated Customer Service Center,
- Basic communication on social media,
- Initial HR processes, especially application collection,
- Onboarding new employees,
- Reducing staff surpluses in regional representations,
- Limitation of extensive hotlines,
- Increasing customer retention in digital channels (website, mobile application, social media).
Basic functional requirements to be specified in the procurement
Each ordering party who seriously considers launching a chatbot in his company should remember the following functional implementation requirements.
- Will the chatbot be used in one or many communication channels (e.g. website, messengers, Slack / Workplace tools, SMS)?
- Will the chatbot have rigid and predefined response scenarios, or will it use more advanced machine learning (ML) and natural language processing methods?
- Should a chatbot have a clearly defined personality that matches a given industry (tone of speech, chatbot persona, pictorial visualization)?
- Will the chatbot be monolingual or multilingual?
- Will the chatbot be integrated with the client’s systems?
- Have basic scenarios and subsequent conversation paths been identified?
- Has a list of issues that a chatbot should effectively solve been prepared in advance?
- Is the information that the chatbot is to collect, evaluate and compare in advance?
- Have measurable indicators of the chatbot’s business effectiveness been established in advance, e.g. the number of serviced queries / tickets in a specific time unit, average conversation time, number of interactions with the chatbot, number of issues that the chatbot solves on its own, zero-one degree of user query implementation?
- Has a chatbot development plan been pre-defined for a specific period of time (at least several months)?
Answers to the above questions, at least in the basic scope, are practically necessary when creating a professional brief for the chatbot implementation service.
Of course, this does not release the contractor from professional advice and assistance at every stage of the tender procedure.
In the Green Parrot interactive agency, for three years we have been implementing chatbot-based solutions for many clients from various industries under the Finderstand brand, where we free people from inhuman tasks. It is with great pleasure that we advise your company on the effective implementation of the chatbot and we will provide the necessary assistance during the entire tender procedure.
For more specific information about launching a chatbot in your company, we encourage you to talk to Konrad Gładkowski, Chief Product Officer for two years, responsible for all matters related to chatbots and for the development of systems based on artificial intelligence and natural language processing. He has been associated with the internet industry since 2012, where he has completed numerous projects in Central and Eastern Europe. Konrad has experience in creating solutions on the border of technology, business and marketing, gaining experience, among others at EY Consulting and indaHash and in cooperation with Fortune 500 brands such as McDonald’s, Nestle, P&G, BNP Paribas, Google, Yves Rocher.